Three years ago, six students and one very tired Assistant Professor sketched out a rough vision for an app that would become the world’s best free travel assistant. Since then we’ve worked hundreds of nights and weekends trying to change that vision into reality. Hard work does pay off – and today we are writing to announce the release of Fleet 3.0, which is quite simply the closest we have ever come to realizing that vision.
We are incredibly proud of the new version. In addition to scores of bug fixes and speed optimizations, here are the new features available in Fleet 3.0:
- A new timeline view of your trip, with intuitive UI and travel alerts to keep you well informed all along your journey.
- The best airport crowdsourcing platform available, allowing you to share and receive delay or cancellation information with other fleet users.
- An enhanced Follow mode, which allows you to keep track of friends and family as they travel, and receive updates about delays and cancellations that might be affecting them.
- A new trip organizer, which keeps all your trips in one place, and easily share flight information with with others.
- Carbon emissions estimates, and simple options for offsetting your carbon footprint.
- Industry-leading database of all major airport stores and restaurants in the US (a database that is growing all the time).
- Improvements in our in-app advertising, including: 1) no more interstitial ads, and an ad-free version for $2.99.
- Local deals at select travel destinations through our partnership with Localvore.
- With our DC roots we’re thrilled to announce that next you fly in to Washington’s DCA airport, you can use Fleet to order food at Ben’s Chili Bowl and beat the line. Try their world-famous half-smoke, a DC staple!
In a crowded field of travel apps, Fleet is a bit of an oddity. That’s because the more you, our users, share your travel experience on the app – the better the travel experience becomes for you and everyone else. If you like the app, please share your flights and Fleet experiences with your friends, loved ones, and fellow travelers. Our small team has a motto – we want to make flying fun again – with Fleet 3.0 we think we’re making progress.